YOTREPS: YES TIME: 2012/11/17 07:45 LATITUDE: 23-37.83S LONGITUDE: 035-36.73E COURSE: 220T SPEED: 4.6 MARINE: YES WIND_SPEED: 17 WIND_DIR: NNE WAVE_HT: 0.5M WAVE_PER: 4 SWELL_DIR: SE SWELL_HT: 0.5M SWELL_PER: 5 CLOUDS: 25% VISIBILITY: 20 BARO: 1015.1 AIR_TEMP: 27.8C COMMENT: Beach House – Hove To – Inhambane Bay, Mozambique

HOVE To with just the third reef in the main. It\’s fairly calm out here, but we wish to not enter the Linga Linga anchorage and go over the shoal water. If we can wait this wind out. We\’re 10 miles north of the bay entrance and we\’d prefer to just go straight to the \”Lighthouse\” anchorage. If we go there now, it will be uncomfortable as it\’s open to the wind and chop. The tide is not right to go into Linga Linga for another 2 hours in any event. We might change our minds and go in on the rising tide, but it\’s 8 miles in and out. We would then just stay there till tomorrow morning and leave early a.m. with the incoming tide again. However, that\’s our second choice.

If the lull before the shift to the SSE comes soon, it will be our best option to go straight to the \”Light House\” anchorage. The reason for this stop is an expected 20-25 knots SSEasterly tonight. It will only last 6-8 hours, but have some punch and be going directly against this now 1.5-2.0 southerly current. AFTER it passes, we should have favorable conditions to sail straight to Richard\’s Bay, SA. WE THEN MUST BE THERE BY THE MORNING OF THE 21ST as a very strong SW gale will hit the area in the afternoon that day. We should have no problem covering the 350 miles in the allotted time. Our ETA will be the afternoon of the 20th a full day ahead of the wind. KIT, Scott and Cooking Nik